Though we may or may not be able to control the rate of hacks and privacy breaches, it’s still important to protect our data and private life the little we can.
Private Me is an app that allows you to hide applications with rooting your smartphone, paying additional fees or installing a custom launcher.
Below is an article explaining the features of the private me app and tutorials on how to utilise these features.
1. Navigate to PrivateMe Apps Settings, tap the + on the right top on home screen to enter App Creating list
2. Choose to create local apps into PrivateMe or create new apps in PrivateMe through App market.
3. To Hide new apps: type into search bar to find apps from App market and then install without records. Then you can access to this app through the PrivateMe app.
4. Clone apps: select from App Creating list to create apps you’ve installed, tap the app icon then will automatically prompt to create the app – detect app security – created successfully. When creating completed, the app can be used in PrivateMe normally. Now you can run multi accounts at the same time on one phone with the cloned app.
5. To Hide local apps : After the app is created in PrivateMe, you need to uninstall it on your phone system, or later opening this app in PrivateMe to choose to uninstall from system to completely hide this app. Then you just access it from PrivateMe. Note: You should try to back up the data of previous one by yourself.
6. Mock Notifications : If you want to manage the notification of hidden and cloned apps, then go to PrivateMe >Home > Notifications > select block/allow/mock. And you can go to the Mock Notification Setting to customize your mock content.
7. To use the Protect PrivateMe feature : go to the App Setting list of PrivateMe, here two protection solutions are available: Cover PrivateMe – cover PrivateMe as calculator and this calculator requires password followed by “=” to open PrivateMe; Lock PrivateMe – set the password to access PrivateMe.
Source: Saiden chen from Quora