Lot of smartphone users are very meticulous about the where about of their andriod phones, some are not. Even the meticulous ones tend to misplace their andriod phones from time to time.
In this article In this article, I am giving a tutorial on ways you can locate your missing android phone.
In this article you are going to learn How to locate your android phone using Google via Find My Device app for Android
Note: This tutorial will only be of help to you if your android phone is connected to a functioning Google account within your reach and also you will need to have set up Find My Device app for Android
So if you have not setup the Find My Device tracking system on your andriod phone, I suggest you do it now, from the guide that will be given below.
LOCATING YOUR MISSING ANDROID SMARTPHONE USING GOOGLE
Locating your missing andriod phone is built around with Google is built around an app called FIND MY DEVICE formally known as andriod device manager. This service will automatically track your phone’s location, so if it ever goes missing you can hop on your laptop or a friend’s phone and find it’s last known location, ring your phone if it’s near by and you need a hint, or lock and/or erase your phone if you fear it has been stolen.
HOW TO ACTIVATE FIND MY DEVICE ON ANDROID
Find my device app is built in on the andriod operating system, but if you andriod phone doesn’t feature it, you can download it from the play store.
- Launch Settings.
- Click on Security.
- Click Device Administration.
- Click Find My Device so that a checkmark appears in the checkbox.
- Click the back button in the top left corner of your screen.
- Click the back button again in the top left corner to return to the main Settings menu.
- Click Location in the main Settings menu.
- Click the switch beside Location at the top of the screen so that it turns on.
- Click Mode.
- Click High accuracy so the circle is filled in.
- Click the back button in the top left corner.
- Click Google Location History.
- Click the switch beneath Location History so that it turns on.
- Click the switch beside your device so that it turns on.
HOW TO USING GOOGLE TO LOCATE YOUR MISSING ANDROID VIA FIND MY DEVICE APP
In a case where you misplace your android phone, you can locate it via the following steps.
- Launch a web browser from a phone, tablet, or computer.
- Navigate to Google if it is not your default search engine or home page.
- Type find my phone on android in the Google search bar.
- click on find my device (usually the first option in the search).
- Enter your email address and password just as though you were checking your email. If you have 2-step verification set up on your Google account (and you most certainly should), you’ll need to complete that process as well.
When you have located your android phone, you can choose to do the following things
You can make your android phone so that it makes noise (even if you had it on silent). This feature is helpful if the map indicates that the phone is within earshot and you simply can’t see it.
You can lock your phone so that the finder can’t access your home screen. This feature is most helpful if your phone wasn’t previously secured with a passcode or a fingerprint sensor.
You can erase your phone. This is the best option if you know for certain that you aren’t likely to retrieve your phone.