The purpose of having watermarks on media content is to indicate ownership and the fact that you landed in this article shows you have decided to place watermarks on a video you probably own. Thankfully I am going to show you an easy way to go about it in this comprehensive tutorial on how to add watermark to videos using VLC player.
Employing VLC to get watermarks on your video pretty much indicates that you basically do not have to bother about OS compatibility, which is all thanks to the fact that VLC is supported on Windows, Mac, and Linux.
What’s more, the VLC media player software is free as you probably might already know by this time. If you haven’t installed VLC on your machine, you are advised to do so at this point. Having said that, let’s jump directly into this tutorial.
Adding Watermarks To Your Video Using VLC
1. Launch VLC on your machine
2. Click media from the toolbar on the top and proceed to open the video file, which is pretty much the video you wish to add apply the watermark.
3. Proceed to click on tools from the toolbar after you have loaded the video on VLC
4. Click on effects and then filters or you should just speed up the process by using the Ctrl + E shortcut.
5. Now click on video effects after which you should click on overlay on the window that appears.
6. Proceed to tick the Add logo box and then click on the button with three dots to insert the file contain the image you wish to use as the water mark. Set the other required parameters required and then press save to place the watermark.
Making The Watermark Permanent
Using the method discussed above doesn’t guarantee the watermark will stick across platforms. As a matter of fact, you will actually loose the watermark the video is loaded in a video editing software. However, there is a way to make this watermark permanent. All you need do is follow the steps outlined below.
- launch the VLC menu
- Proceed to navigate through Media>Convert/save
- Make sure you leave the File tab active on the window that appears
- Now click on the Add button to browse the video you desire to watermark
- Click on Convert/Save
- change the Profile settings by pressing the button with the wrench icon
- Navigate to video encoding
- Click on the filters tab
- Tick the logo video filter
- Click on the Save button
- Select destination to save converted video
- Finally, click on the start button to initiate the transmission process
Having read through this tutorial on how to add watermark to videos using VLC player. Please note that you can also employ video editing programs like iMovie for MAC, Avidemux for windows, and lots more to get the job done.